Family Owned And Operated Since 1958.
Saying our company is family owned is important. Because it means we put our family name—and reputation—on everything we do. That’s why you can trust that everything leaving our facilities will live up to a high standard of excellence. It’s our name out there.
Who We Are. What We Stand For.
Joel and JoAnn Carlson not only founded the company, they instilled their values and set the course for the business. A second generation of Carlsons still follows their lead today. Jim Carlson (Chairman), Jeff Carlson (President), and Joyce Carlson (CFO) have more than 75 years of combined experience with the company, and many of our employees have over 10 years of service.
To provide our customers with innovative, competitive solutions by listening to their needs and constantly investing in our people and our business. We build strong partnerships by responding quickly to customer needs, providing timely communication, and establishing mutual trust.
To be the leading provider of specialty flanges for the domestic market through continual innovation, teamwork, customer focus, and employee empowerment.
- 1958Joel and JoAnn Carlson found Carlson Company in Tulsa, Oklahoma, to provide machined flanges for equipment used in the refining and petrochemical industries.
- 1990The business transitions to the second generation of Carlsons, continuing the commitment to quality and service Joel instilled in the company.
- 2000This decade sees the company investing heavily in large-diameter CNC machines, diversifying into markets including military, wind power, food processing, power generation, and utilities.
- 2002Jim Carlson invents and patents the Computer-Controlled Positioning Table—The Carlson Chord Right. This innovation raises the standard in how bolt circles are drilled, delivering accuracy to within 5 thousandths off an inch.
- 2008Carlson Company expands, building a state-of-the-art, 40,000 square-foot manufacturing and office facility for increased production, shipping, and warehousing.
- 2015Emphasizing continuous improvement, the company earns QMS certification to ISO 9001:2015 standards.
- 2017Carlson Company initiates a project to obtain AML status with end-users, engineering companies, fabricators, and distributors in the the oil and gas, power, refining, and chemical industries.